I need help with the level adjustment of T93 equipment.
Which attenuator has to be adjusted first:
- The small multiturn attenuator?
- The large attenuator?
- Why does the T93 have two attenuators?
The T93 is a piece of professional equipment.
It features a high gain and a high output power as well as a low noise figure.
Each amplification stage that is preceded by an attenuator makes the noise figure of the system worse.
Therefore the role of each attenuator is very important:
- The "small" one is an interstage attenuator that hardly increases the amplifier noise figure.
- Because of this, this is the first attenuator that should be adjusted.
- The "large" attenuator is used when the gain cannot be reduced to the desirable limit using the small attenuator.
This "large knob" attenuator decreases the noise figure because it is a conventional passive attenuator placed at the input of the amplifier.