In an installation with a double LNB and two independent downleads to the receiver, one of the satellites is not receiving the channels.
What should I do?
If the dish alignment is correct, this problem can be caused by:
- A programming error in the receiver or
- A failure in one of the inputs of the receiver or
- The installation of a defective LNB.
To identify the problem, do as follows:
- Swap the LNB cables, thereby checking that the LNB that corresponds to the satellite that is not receiving the channels is working correctly.
- It is very important to disconnect the receiver from the mains before doing this.
- Check that the input of the satellite with reception problems has the LNB power activated in the receiver installation menu.
- Check that the programmed L.O. frequency coincides with the frequency of the installed LNB in the installation menu.
- Verify that the channels that you wish to receive are properly programmed, with their correct frequency, polarity and band in the corresponding menu.