The audio has stopped functioning in the satellite/receiver modulator sat100. What should I do?
Please follow this standard troubleshooting procedure:
- Look at the electrical drawing of the audio/video processor section of the unit.
- Locate and identify the audio PLL: ic3 tsa 6057t
- Test the output voltage of the PLL to be sure that it is working:
- Measure the voltage at the common point of contact for the resistors r46(3k3), r45(1k), r118(0 ohms) and the capacitor c39(100nf)
- If this voltage is about 11 Vdc, this means that the 4 MHz crystal is broken and so the PLL does not oscillate.
- The solution is to simply change the quartz crystal. In the majority of cases the problem is solved.
If you have changed the crystal and the audio problem still persists, this means that the equipment needs to be sent back for correction at the factory.
If you do not have the electrical diagram, please ask our Customer Service for it