VERIFYING THE LNB AND THE DISH
verify that the signal coming from the lnb is correct.
a field strength meter capable to convert and measure sat if signals will be necessary.
in case you do not have any fsm available, we suggest the following:
- take a satellite receiver/modulator that you know performs correctly ,
e.g. a unit that has already been used and tested in other installations.
- connect this unit to the lnb.
- connect a tv set to the output of the unit.
- observe the picture quality.
- if the picture quality was bad, check the following:
- that the focal distance is ok for this particular dish (measure from the bottom of the dish to the center of the feedhorn).
- check the f connector of the lnb and test the 18 vdc from the rcvr/mod unit
- verify that the lnb is working by testing its consumption
- verify that the adequate polarization of the satellite signal is coming from the lnb (adjust polarity discrimination). -check the alignment of the dish