SC/APC optical connector
Optical fiber connector that allows direct termination of a single mode optical fiber, without the need for expensive tools such as a fusion splicer.
To ensure a clean cut of the fiber, the use of a precision fiber cleaver is always necessary, as well as cleaning accessories, such as wipes, to avoid the presence of particles or dust on the surface of the fiber.
Supplied in 10-unit boxes.
Televes reserves the right to modify the product
- Insertion loss: â‰¤ 0.3dB
- Return loss: â‰¤ 60dB
- Insert the fiber through the threaded plastic cap andthe rubber sleeve.
- Strip the fiber (leaving a length of 20mm for a 250micras diameter and 10mm for the 125micras diameter)At this point, and before cutting the fiber with a high precision cutter (Ref.2323), be sure to clean the unprotected fiber with an isopropyl alcohol wipe (250 and 125 micras)
- Insert the fiber into the connector housing, be sure that the end of the fiber does not touch any part of the device, until it reaches the bottom.
- Close the connector tab (in black), trapping the rubber sleeve (and therefore the fiber).
- Move the connector slide switch (in yellow) to securethe fiber.
- Screw in the plastic cap. Insert the green rectangular cap until it is secured (maintaining the same position as it is received).