Arantia TV middleware
Interactive TV and IPTV - Up to 499 users
By means of this web-based middleware, the final user will gain access to the configured services: IP television service with channel list that can be customized per user or group of users, electronic program guide, BYOD services (mirroring, casting), messages, general information (weather, sightseeing, latest newsâ€¦), hotel promotional information (special offers, hotel events, hotel servicesâ€¦), booking and shopping, check guest expenses, wake up alarm, etc. through the television.
Televes reserves the right to modify the product
- Based on web technology
- RAID controller integrated: in case of the failure of one of the hard disk drives, the RAID mirroring function guarantees that the system continues to function
- Powerful backend with a complete management tool that allows to configure all the system settings and options (rooms, players, services, customized main menu, etc.)
- Middleware frontend compatible with the most popular end user devices (TVâ€™s and STBâ€™s) deployed in Hospitality IPTV projects. It includes an application for iOS and Android smartphones and gives access to the interactive services that have been configured through the management tool
- Available services:
- Integration with PMS and PMS Adapter
- Welcome message
- Electronic program guide
- Weather forecast
- STB / TV Apps
- Information services (Hotel information, tourism, local attractions, etc.)
- Booking & Shopping
- Check guest expenses
- Wake up alarm
- Express checkout
- RSS Feed
- Multiple languages supported
- Integration with PMS and PMS Adapter
Welcome message will be displayed on the screen the first time that the client enters the bedroom. The guest information, language or channels reorganization by nationality will be automatically adjusted according to the information supplied on Hotel PMS and provided that, an integration between both systems exist.
It is possible to define a message, the company (executive director + name for example), the desired image or logo, the song which will sound while the welcome screen is visible either a corporate video.
System main menu shows the multiple functionalities activated by the system administrator, allowing a total management of each items in layout, size, colour or functionality.
To offer a control interface and total customization, ArantiaTV main menu is based on a virtual grid of 4x8 sectors.
Each item created (box+icon+text) can be resize according to the establishment priorities, as well as formatted in text, colour and iconography.
Television & Radio
IPTV services allows distribution of TV and Radio channels from DTT, satellite, cable or IP sources, enabling all services provided are incorporated into a single system regardless of the source.
In this way, it is possible to include A/V signals of multiple origin, as CCTV or ECDIS systems.
Channels list shows:
- Numeric location of channel access (number from 1 to XXX).
- Program name and current broadcast.
- Channel icon.
On the right side of the screen, the complete information will be displayed, showing current broadcast and posterior expanded information (EPG).
Radio channels are integrated into the system as if they were a television service, even allowing the specific package generation.
Pause and playback service is available to the users.
Television will be converted into personalized information points since the company will be its own contents producer. This is an information channel where it is possible to advertise events, promote the property, etc.
This service allows the user to schedule alarm clocks or alerts at a specific time and date, being also possible to indicate the frequency, as well as the content to be displayed (TV or radio channel).
This functionality also will be able to be programmed from the mobile application.
To ensure the correct system operation, it will be necessary to support one of these options:
- STB and TV with TVi (TV control) protocol.
- STB and TV with full CEC functionality and consistent with wake-up.
- Compatible TVs with embedded STB.
Information services allow to display corporate and commercial content including text and image. All this information can be managed through the Back Office tool.
Weather service (widget) shows weather conditions information with 3 days of forecast for the city that has been selected at the Back Office tool.
This widget can be included at any point on screen, according to the main menu design grid available.
Arantia TV system implementation in supported Hospitality TVs with embedded STB allow the user to launch the available applications according to the TV manufacturer repository.
These applications can come preinstalled or be available to download and installation using the TV remote control, thus ensuring an integration, functionality and stability with the TV brand/model to use.
The applications which do not meet the manufacturer requirements or that are not available for installation, emission or reproduction according to content rights policies will not be installed.
The credentials erasure is executed automatically during the check-out procedure, functionality that can be integrated with the Property Management System. The user will be also able to erase the credential on demand through a specific option included in the user interface.
The administrator can launch customized messages from the reception to the guests.
This is a flexible way for publish personalized events.
Other integrable services (*)
This system allows the integration of other contracted entertainment services, like:
- ArantiaCast System: professional casting solution that allows guests to transfer their favourite contents from their mobile devices directly to the hotel room TV.
- Arantia TV app: with this solution, the guest can control the room TV and view applications on it from the mobile device.
- Corporate Channel service: through this service, the guests can check the hotel's services, news or promotions at any time.
- VOD (Video On Demand) service: with this service, each television installed in the guest rooms becomes a content library accessible at any time.
(*) These services are not included in the Middleware, but must be purchased separately.