Octo Analog Modulator
NTSC M-N for CATV
8-channel generator in NTSC M-N format from 8 Audio/Video sources. The device includes an RF input in loop mode, so the signal can be mixed with other modulators signals or with the DTT network.
An easy and compact solution for collective facilities not migrated to DTT and with analog televisions still working, as it can be for example elderly people residences.
Televes reserves the right to modify the product
- Avoid huge costs in the digital adaptation of analog televisions
- Easy to configure using Android App or with an universal programmer
- Includes LED indicators to monitor equipment operation
- Possibility of mixing digital and analog signals under the same distribution
- Compact and light-weight product: can be wall or rack mounted
- Zamak chassis provides high screening effect
- Compact equipment with 8 frequency-agile NTSC modulators
- Mixing of multiple units is allowed with the RF loop input
- Audio carrier level regulation
- 54 dBmV output level
- A/V input and â€śFâ€ť output connectors
- Device programming via USB OTG connection (cable included)
|Norm | Vc-Ac||NTSC M-N ||4,5MHz|
|CATV channels selection ||CH||7 - 13 |
17 - 24
63 - 135
|RF output level (8Ch)||dBmV||54|
|Attenuation range (1Ch)||dB||10|
|Attenuation range (8Ch)||dB||30|
|RF loop frequency range ||MHz||100 - 862|
|Audio||Hz||50 - 15000|
|Max. current ||mA||200|
|Operating temperature ||ÂşF||23 ... 113|
|Protection index ||IP||20|
Adaptation of collective facilities to continue using analog televisions
The digital signal is captured by a group of Set-Top-Boxes installed in a headend. Each STB selects a specific service that will transmit it to the octomodulator. In this specific application there are up to 32 services available (1 for each STB).
Each octomodulator has up to a maximum of 8 A/V inputs where the STBs will be connected, so a total of 4 octomodulators is necessary in this application. Each of these devices will modulate the signals obtained at its inputs, so that an analog channels stream is generated at the output. The output analog signal will be transmitted to an Avant X programmable amplifier.
The Avant X offers the advantage of optimizing amplification and processing to analog signals, resulting in better signal quality. In addition, a CATV channelling will be applied to these signals at the output, providing the advantage of being able to mix them with signals from a CATV headend.
The installation of this device also allows the channels to be reorganized adjacently and on demand, which will simplify and facilitate the process of ordering services later on the televisions.
Finally, with this application it is possible a considerably reduction of the infrastructure required for this type of installation, being necessary only a single rack with the STBs, the octomodulators and the Avant X amplifier.