Televes launches DAT HD 75 BOSS, â€˜intelligentâ€™ long-range antenna
Incorporates revolutionary BOSS-Tech device, automatically adjusting level of output signal
Santiago de Compostela, 25th November 2010. Once the resounding success of BOSS Tech had been corroborated, marking a milestone in the transition to DTT thanks to its ability to ensure the automatic adjustment of the digital signal, Televes decided to implement its long-range antenna. And so the DAT HD 75 BOSS was born, the first intelligent antenna suitable for locations with coverage problems. The BOSS (Balanced Output Signal System) Tech system was designed and patented by Televes to meet the specific needs of digital terrestrial television, facilitate installersâ€™ work and ensure users the highest quality on DTT. The technology is revolutionary thanks to its ability to automatically regulate the intensity of the signal received through the antenna, making the output level always the same regardless of input fluctuations. Without a smart device of this kind, reception quality could be seriously undermined. The technology was first included in an antenna with the DAT HD BOSS, and then a compact device designed for mobile units such as boats and campers was also implemented in the Omninova BOSS. Televes has now gone a step further, equipping its long-range antenna with the BOSS Tech system. The DAT HD 75 BOSS not only allows DTT reception in locations with low coverage, but also guarantees permanent and automatic stability of the signal which reaches the television, and, therefore, high quality reception of digital terrestrial television even in complex environments. The antenna can operate in passive or automatic mode (12 -24V), providing in the first case a gain of 19 dB and in the second, up to 32 dB. It also incorporates other avant-garde technological solutions:
- Angled director stacking with an asymmetrical design, which provides the perfect radiation diagram to reduce echoes.
- Fully shielded BOSS Tech enclosure to protect against impulsive noise.
- State-of-the-art multi-layer technology providing highest stability and reliability.
- Dipole with a new patented design that improves the reception margins throughout the complete terrestrial band.
- All the antennaâ€™s electronic elements are grounded, giving protection against electrostatic discharges.