Ethernet Switch Layer 3 8xGbE + 24xSFP (1Gbps) + 6xSFP+ (10Gbps)
Televesâ€™ range of managed switches provides high-performance, flexible and robust solutions for use in corporate or residential projects.
Televes reserves the right to modify the product
- Scalable and flexible device, with virtual stacking capacity to ensure a future-proof network
- Includes important security features like port isolation, IEEE 802.1x and Radius authentication or L2/L3/L4 ACL flow identification
- IPv4/IPv6, SNMP, Multicast, DHCP, QoS (Quality of Service), VLAN and IGMP support functions
- Gigabit SFP (ref. 769520, 769210, 769212, 769214, 769412 or 769150) compatible
- Up to 4,000 configurable VLANs
- Up to 32,000 MAC addresses
- Supports 9,000 Jumbo Frames
- Web, CLI (Command Line Interface), Telnet, Sflow, Syslog, LLDP or SSH Management
- Device operation LED indicators
- 2 Hot-swappable power supplies
- 19â€ť rack compatible 1RU height (accessories for installation are provided)
How to select a switch?
Based on the different applications and the needs of configuration, several options are available in the whole range of switches: unmanaged switches and managed switches.
An unmanaged switch is a plug-and-play device, which allows to immediately connect different devices by cable without the need of any prior adjustments to the configuration.
A managed switch, on the other hand, provides a number of advanced options and features for detailed network configuration at Layer 2 level. It also allows the customization of the configuration according to the needs of the network, the monitoring performance and controlling what is happening with the connected devices.
A comparison of the features each of them provides is described below:
|Features||Unmanaged Switch||Managed Switch|
|Plug & Play||Yes||No|
|Application||Small networks or providing workgroups to a large network||Professional uses such as in data centers or coporate networks. It allows professional uses such as in data centers or corporate networks. It allows the customization of the network at the Layer 2 level and the functions of each port individually|
|Performance||Fixed configuration, no interface configuration allowed||Modifiable configuration according to needs|
|Control||Limited default settings||Access control, priority SNMP and network traffic control|
|Advanced functions||No||IPv4 Detection, DHCP, QoS, VLANs, IP routing, redundancy, CLI, ARP|
|Economic features||Small outlay||Higher price at higher benefits|
|Switch type||Layer 3|
|Number of Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000BaseT)||8|
|Number of SFP ports (1Gbps)||24|
|Number of SFP+ ports (10Gbps)||6|
|Number of VLANs||4000|
|Input voltage||Vac||100 ... 240|
|Mains frequency||50 Hz / 60 Hz|
|Operating temperature||Â°F||32 ... 122|
|Storage temperature||Â°F||-4 ... 158|
Declaration of Conformity