Industrial Ethernet Switch L2+ 8xGbE (PoE+, 240W) + 2xSFP (1Gbps)
Among its powerful features, it stands out its protection mechanism against data packet loss to quickly recovering from failures, as well as traffic shaping in the layer-2 QoS function.
It includes a metal spring for its attachment to a DIN rail. It can also be installed in an electrical cabinet.
*Power supply unit not included.
Televes reserves the right to modify the product
- Compatible with PoE (Power over Ethernet) IEEE 802af/at standard, being capable of providing a maximum power per port of up to 30W
- IP40 protection, industrial fanless thermal conduction
- Lightning protection level of 6KV
- Aluminium alloy case that offers great robustness
- Wide operating temperature range: from -40Â°C to +75Â°C
- DIN (TS-35) rail mounting
- IPv6, SNMP, ACL, Multicast, DHCP, QoS (Quality of Service), VLAN support, IGMP support and Ring protection functions included
- Mean time between failures exceeds 800,000 hours
- Gigabit SFP (ref. 769210, 769212 or 769150) compatible
- Up to 4,000 configurable VLANs
- Private VLAN
- Up to 8,000 MAC addresses
- Supports 9,000 Jumbo Frames
- Device operation LED indicators
- Compact size
- Built-in redundant DC 48~55V industrial power input
How to select a switch?
Based on the different applications and the needs of configuration, several options are available in the whole range of switches: unmanaged switches and managed switches.
An unmanaged switch is a plug-and-play device, which allows to immediately connect different devices by cable without the need of any prior adjustments to the configuration.
A managed switch, on the other hand, provides a number of advanced options and features for detailed network configuration at Layer 2 level. It also allows the customization of the configuration according to the needs of the network, the monitoring performance and controlling what is happening with the connected devices.
A comparison of the features each of them provides is described below:
|Features||Unmanaged Switch||Managed Switch|
|Plug & Play||Yes||No|
|Application||Small networks or providing workgroups to a large network||Professional uses such as in data centers or coporate networks. It allows professional uses such as in data centers or corporate networks. It allows the customization of the network at the Layer 2 level and the functions of each port individually|
|Performance||Fixed configuration, no interface configuration allowed||Modifiable configuration according to needs|
|Control||Limited default settings||Access control, priority SNMP and network traffic control|
|Advanced functions||No||IPv4 Detection, DHCP, QoS, VLANs, IP routing, redundancy, CLI, ARP|
|Economic features||Small outlay||Higher price at higher benefits|
|Switch type||Layer 2+|
|Number of Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000BaseT)||8|
|Number of SFP ports (1Gbps)||2|
|PoE Standard||IEEE802_3af / IEEE802_3at|
|Number of PoE ports||8|
|Total PoE Power||W||240|
|Max Power per port||W||30|
|Number of VLANs||4000|
|Input voltage||Vdc||48 ... 55|
|Operating temperature||Â°F||-40 ... 167|
|Storage temperature||Â°F||-40 ... 185|
Declaration of Conformity